Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Real Love: Can a serious relationship truly last in college?



Regurgitating Thoughts 
Real Thoughts from your Average Chick

By UMES Senior Jordan Hamilton



Real Love: Can a serious relationship truly last in college?
It was second semester, freshman year and I had finally found the one thing I had longed for all my life; Real Love. At least that’s what I thought it was in the beginning.
It was love at first sight and for once in my life; love was finally on my side. We couldn’t go a day without speaking, let alone being in each other’s presence.  My friends saw a change in me; I was glowing and had a permanent smile on my face. I was in love for the first time. He was my first love. My best friend. My everything. I soon began to place him at the top of my priorities and began falling behind in my classes. I lost friends because I started to believe that all I really needed was him. I allowed him to have my heart and he promised he would never let go.
We soon got married and lived happily ever after.
The End.
Rewind. 
You see we are all so used to happy endings that we don’t realize every ending doesn’t end the same. Love is indeed blind and I had been blinded at some point in the relationship. All the good eventually turned to bad and somewhere down the road between the arguing and his infidelity, I got tired of it all. After two years I pulled the plug. We had big plans to get married once we graduated and have a huge family. We went from lovers and friends to nothing at all in the course of just two years. I felt like my entire life had been wiped out. I had put so much time and energy into love that once it was gone, I felt like I had nothing.
Every relationship is different and many people don’t realize that. A relationship and the love two people share is based solely upon those two people and nobody else.
Next to providing education, the second biggest thing college provides is playing matchmaker for future couples. A lot of relationships have sprouted in college and some of those relationships have even led to marriage.
Many people believe that college is a place where people come to find themselves. Sometimes in the process of a person finding themself, they find a companion as well. That can be both a good and a bad thing. Getting in a relationship while in college can open your eyes to a lot of things, as well as helping you grow and mature. On the flip side a serious relationship in college can take away from what is really important. We all come to college for one specific reason; to get an education. Don’t allow love to come before that education. Love is something that has been around for ages and will always be there.                                       
Relationships take a lot of work and dedication, as well as your classes. Now if you were smart, you would put your education first and do what you came to do. College is a place where you meet people, venture out and have fun. Sometimes in between doing those things you may make a love connection. No biggie. We don’t have any control over who we fall for, but if you do fall make sure you don’t bump your head in the process. A relationship comes with a lot of responsibilities. A lot of times in college males, as well as females cannot be taken seriously in a relationship because they want to do their own thing on the side.
“Ain’t nobody got time for that!”
If you are in a relationship or plan to pursue one during your college career, make sure you don’t become blinded by love in the process. Remember to put your schoolwork first and everything else will fall into place.
I have proof that serious relationships can work in college and I have seen couples last their entire four years together. The biggest piece of advice I can give you is not to rush. When that time does come, always remember to TAKE THINGS SLOW! A lot of times students in college like to rush whatever it is that they may be doing, but when it comes to love you should take your time. Rushing love is like getting dressed in the dark, it won’t work.
Love will come find you; don’t go out looking for love. Enjoy your four years in college because after they are over, you can never get them back.
If you haven’t experienced that Real Love Mary J sang about, be patient your time is soon to come.

UMES Family!
Leave a comment.
SHARE our blog with other people interested in Real Life @ UMES.
The Real Life @ UMES Blog is written by students. It is a place for our commentary and opinions about what life is really like @ the University of Maryland Eastern Shore. It is not designed to express the views and opinions of the University as a whole. Peace.

2 comments:

  1. get your problem solve once and for all.i am
    living testimony to it.
    (1) If you need your ex back.
    (2)if you need cure for hiv disease
    (3)if you need cure for skin disease
    (4)if you need cure for Ebola virus.
    (5)if you need cure obesity disease
    (6) if you always have bad dreams.
    (7) You want to be promoted in your office.
    (8) You want women/men to run after you.
    (9) If you want a child.
    (10) You want to be rich.
    (11) You want to tie your husband/wife to be
    yours forever.
    (12) If you need financial assistance.
    (13) How you been scammed and you want
    to recover you lost money.
    (14)if you want to stop your divorce.
    (15)if you want to divorce your husband.
    (16)if you want your wishes to be granted.
    (17)to protect your child four the hands of enemy
    contact. dr.midnight5@gmail.com or call +2347037137208

    ReplyDelete
  2. My boyfriend went to take my bra off during sex and reached down to the front of my chest to unsnap it. I don’t own any bras that snap in the front. .The crazy fact is that he's not doing this for the first time, He said his ex always wore them,when he noticed the doubt on my face. He questioned me what I was thinking about after sex when I was staring at the wall.I was being kinda sarcastic,the next time he called me 'Famida' during sex.things became more weird, But all thanks to 'hackingloop6@ gmail . c o m' also on WhatsApp + 1 484 540 - 0785 , for their hacking service that gained me access to his phone activities and exposed his cheating ass.He said he mistakenly cheated,i told him' no cheating is unintentional'.

    ReplyDelete